Set in the centre of one of Hertfordshire’s Best Kept Villages, Holy Trinity enjoys a prominent position right at the heart of the community it serves. The building is Grade II listed, and is in the Conservation Area of the village. It was built in 1868 and is a fine example of an Italianate Norman Church. There is also a church room adjacent to the main building which is a lively venue hosting a wide and diverse range of activities. The population of the parish is 1340 and there are 111 on the Electoral Roll (2023)
Holy Trinity has a mixture of tradition and contemporary services, with elements of both liberal catholic and evangelical spirituality. Intercessions and the gospel are regularly led by lay members of the congregation. Children are made very welcome and are actively encouraged to participate when they have the confidence to do so.
Our current monthly pattern of Services are as follows:
First Sunday Family Communion at 10.30am. BCP Evensong at 6pm
Second and Fourth/Fifth Sunday Holy Communion at 10.30am. BCP Evensong at 6pm (Celtic Worship at 6pm is normally held on the Fourth Sunday, every other month.)
Third Sunday Praise at 10.30am. BCP Holy Communion at 6pm